LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting back (exec)     04 April 2013

Can i file rti in university for degree certificate of wife

Dear members,


I am fighting a 125 case, i have absolutely no evidence of my wife if working or not. however i need to show her qualification, hence can i file a RTI application in the university to give me the details of all her qualifications?

She is BCOM, MCom and MBA,


Will the university provide me with the qualification degree copy of hers, or is there any other way to get certified degrees held by her?



 4 Replies

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     08 April 2013

Yes. You may very well do that. Since such informations are in public domain as the university is entitled to publish results of all enrolled candidates, so, it is your right to get such informations and the same can not be denied by the university.




RTI is of no use for you for two obvious reason.


1.The information you are seeking is not of the nature of administration or working of the University or it's staff.


2.You are not the same person who obtained the degree and same of which the information is required.The University,may in full possibility to deny you the requested information.


The advisable way is to just bring the facts to the notice of the court. With the court order,the required evidences can be obtained.


The other subsidiary way to put your words before court is to bring a copy of her resume which she usually/ever apply to any job or for any examination.


Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.




Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     08 April 2013

@News_Know: Sir, I beg to differ for the first part of your comment. RTI is possible. 



Dear sir, The institute (IIM) has denied to giver infomation about my husband on basis of RTI Act-05 Dhara 8(1)(j) .


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register