LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar (individual)     18 January 2022

can I file reverse case on wife after winning the IPC 406

can I file reverse case on wife after winning the IPC 406 , in which section I can apply to court

 2 Replies

Aryan Raj   18 January 2022

In response to your query,

Section 406 in The Indian Penal Code. 406. Punishment for criminal breach of trust. — Whoever commits criminal breach of trust shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

As you mentioned that you have won the case against your wife therefore you may now be able to sue your wife for defamation. 

Defamation is defined in section 499 of Indian Penal Code 1860 and section 500 provides that a person committing an offense under this section is liable with simple imprisonment for a term of 2 years or fine or with both.

In very basic terms, defamation occurs when someone makes a false statement about you, causing harm to your reputation. Defamation can form the basis of a civil lawsuit, meaning you can sue the person who made the defamatory statement, and can recover compensation for your damages.


Aryan Raj 

Amit Kumar (individual)     18 January 2022

thanks for the information but can't I go for perjury?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query