Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Qutubuddin   25 May 2017

Can i file non-cognizable complaint directly in court


Can I file non-cognizable complaint or private complaint directly in court without going to police station, criminal intimidation or black mailing.  If i have proof.  Before which magistrate i need to file.


Warm regards,


 4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     26 May 2017

Yes! You can file noncognizable offence/complaint of Blackmail ansd criminal intimidation directly before the court.

Srinivas Reddy K (Advocate)     26 May 2017

Yes, you can file a private complaint directly in Judicial First Class Magistrate's Court.  Before filing directly in the court try going to the Police Station with your complaint and obtain acknowledgement.  If police does not register the case, then go to court along with the proof. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 May 2017

Agrieved person can directly file a petition for non-cognisable offence in the courts only. FIR cannot be registered without magistrate’s permission

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     26 May 2017

Dear Qutubuddin,

                                  Please primarliy send a complaint by registered post with AD to The Station House Officer & The Concerned Assistant Commisioner Of Police,  & once you recieve the AD card please approach the concerned jurisdictional magistrate and file a petition of Private complaint under sections 190 & 200 , seeking a direction either to the concerned police station or asking the Hon'ble court to take cognbizance of the said offences.

Solomon Raj
                  L.L.M.( Crimes & Torts )
Advocate, High Court Of A.P. , India
Director, Justice League,
Indian Ombudsman U.E.(U.S.A.)
Ex-Member, Mega Lok Adalat , Criminal Courts , Hyderabad.
Vice Chairman, 37th U.C.C. ( T.S.),                      
National Vice president, All India Christian’s Council,
Legal Chairman,  All India Christian’s Council,
Legal Convenor, Y.S. Raj Shekar reddy Congress Party,
Lok Adalat Member, A.P.( Ex)                      
Hon'ry Advisor, St.Joseph's School,
Television Speaker & Theologist,
Core Committee Head, For drafting Act of "Protection of Christian Properties" (In United Andhra Pradesh). 
______________________________ ________

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query