LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Manager)     10 March 2013

Can i file a writ petition in high court?

Dear friend

I have filed an appeal in National Consumer Forum!

since from the date of filing an appeal to till now there has been 3 years and the case is not yet decided. However, according to law, it is clearly written that "an endeavour must be made to dispose of any of the cases within 3 months"


Secondly, the main object of consumer protection act is to provide relief to the consumer who are suffering from defective services and goods which are not upto the standards.


Can we file a writ petition for the same in High Court in order to give time bound directions to the high court to dispose of the case immediately ?

Is there anybody who can provide me the rulings regarding the same ?

Thanks in advance for resolving my queries.



 1 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     10 March 2013

Well rather than comtemplating writ petition, it will be better to move an application for early hearing before the appropriate authority in NCDRC.


Even one of my case is peding there with not even a single hearing for the last one year....and its all due to shortage of judges there.


Contact Registrar's office in NCDRC to know about the status of your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads