LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (n/a)     31 October 2013

Can i file a case on a company with an electronic invoice

I have paid shaadi.com matrimonials a sum of 24,000 rupees for finding matches for me and promised me a cash back guarantee if I was not satisfied with the services of the firm with a "no questions asked" policy.

The terms and conditions were :
If I will approve less than 3 profiles in a month, then my money would be refunded with a no question asked policy.

I did not approve any of the profiles as it did not suit me.
Now they are not returning my money despite the fact that I completed 1 month.

My question is that whether I can file a case against shaadi.com with an electronic invoice ?
If so under what sections can I file a case. Moreover they are disturbing my sister and me by convincing us.

Regards,
Anand

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     31 October 2013

you can file in the consumers forum with electronic invoices. It is valid now as per cyber laws. Before going to forum my advise you to send a legal notice to the party first. Wait for their response in 15 days time. After that you can file a petition in the forum yourself.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 October 2013

Advocate Ramachary rightly advised and suggested you the procedure to be followed in this regards. The consumer protection Act 1986, section 2(r)(x) sub clause 2(b) states that a price that a person who reads or sees the advertisement would reasonably understand to be a bargain price having regard to the prices at which the product advertised or like products are ordinarily sold and clause 3 states that: permits - (a) the offering of gifts, prizes or other items with the intention of not providing themas offered or creating impression that something is being given or offered free of charge when it is  fully or partly covered by the amount charged in the transaction as a whole;  This refers to unfair trade practice thereby attracting the provisions punishable under the said act.

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     01 November 2013

Ramachary garu   has replied suitably. Nothing more to be added. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register