Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradip   24 June 2017

Can i do ba from ignou while doing 5 yrs integrated llb

Hello

I am pursuing 5 yrs integrated BA LLB regular course from a very reputed deemed university, Pune, Maharashtra (now 2nd year). My question is that "Can I join this accademic for  3 yrs BA course from IGNOU while doing my BA LLB ?

This is the restriction mentioned by Bar Council of India. Is this applicable for me also or not?. It is not clear from below about the integrated course.

IF any body have clear idea about this, please advice me.

"6. Prohibition to register for two regular courses of study

No student shall be allowed to simultaneously register for a law degree
program with any other graduate or postgraduate or certificate course run by the
same or any other University or an Institute for academic or professional
learning excepting in the integrated degree program of the same institution.
Provided that any short period part time certificate course on language,
computer science or computer application of an Institute or any course run by a
Centre for Distance Learning of a University however, shall be excepted

Learning

9 Replies

Arjun Kohli   24 June 2017

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 June 2017

Yes! you cabn do BA from IGNOU and  5   years  regular course of integratedd LL.B

1 Like

pradip   25 June 2017

Dear Arjun,

I would like to enroll for BA from IGNOU just bcz I want to take Psychology as the main which is not included in my present sylabus. I have History, Sociology, Political science, English and other Law subject at present. But I am interested to study psychology as main subject.

Rgds

pradip

1 Like

pradip   25 June 2017

Dear Usha Ma'am, I have received 2 different answers. You have said that I can enroll for BA degree from IGNOU while doing my regular BA LLB (5yrs) from another university. And another expert is advising me that it is legally not possible for doing BA from IGNOU (simulteninously) while doing my BA LLB regular course.It is totally confusing me. 

I repeat my question again - I am 2nd year BALLB student of a reputed deemed university. Since I am interested to study Psychology as a main subject in BA I would like to enroll for BA from IGNOU and at the same time I will continuoue with my BA LLB regular course also. Is any legal issues for taking admission in IGNOU. Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Arjun Kohli   25 June 2017

Originally posted by : pradip
Dear Arjun,

I would like to enroll for BA from IGNOU just bcz I want to take Psychology as the main which is not included in my present sylabus. I have History, Sociology, Political science, English and other Law subject at present. But I am interested to study psychology as main subject.

Rgds

pradip

I am really sorry for I assumed the other BA course you wished for, to be a full-time course, by which logic I gave my last answer. However, I agree with Ms. Usha Kapoor. Upon further digging, I came across the fact that UGC recently, in 2013, allowed students to enroll in two courses simultaneously, where the second course could be from an open university or in the form of Distance Learning. This was allowed from the academic year of 2014-15 onwards.

So yeah, you can go ahead and enroll yourself for BA in Psychology in the form of open/distance learning mode.

Regards

pradip   25 June 2017

Thank you Arjun for your reply.

I am aware of the UGC's 2013 Notification. Nobody will stop me from enrolling the BA from open university simultaneously with my BA LLB. My main concern is that whether the  Bar Council will issue me license to practice as a lawyer or not after completing my LLB ? I am worried about this point.

Rgds

pradip

Arjun Kohli   25 June 2017

Originally posted by : pradip
Provided that any short period part time certificate course on language,
computer science or computer application of an Institute or any course run by a
Centre for Distance Learning of a University however, shall be excepted

These highlighted words indicate that the BA course from IGNOU will fall under the scope mentioned there in and therefore would be exempted from the prohibition. As per this provision, there should be no hindrance because of this issue in your practice as a lawyer.

pradip   26 June 2017

Thank you so much Arjun. Thanks  especially for giving reply patiently to my each queries. Now the picture is clear.

pradip

Nadhii Hooda   20 July 2023

Hey Pradip

i just completed my 2nd year of BALLB integrated course and like you did, I also would like to pursue BA psychology side by side from ignou...Just wanted to ask about your experience like whether you were able to manage both the degrees simultaneously and how was the experience.

im really looking forward to your answer 

regards

Nidhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register