LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar V Sridhar (Employee)     19 August 2023

Can i claim for interest amount default in consumer forum

I have paid 19L through bank transfer to a builder, after 2y time, I realised he is not genuine builder. Discussed with builder and agreed to take back my amount with 2%pm. He gave me two checks one for principal and one for interest. After the checks expiry and reissue happened 4 times, principal amount transferred to my bank account in bits and pieces and for interest amount he reissued one self check, I overlooked that point by the time of receiving the check.  Now he is denying to pay any amount. I have soa document, previously issued check copies, bill for original payment, bank transaction record and builder message record stating that "I will not give a single rupee more and do we go police station or court? I am ready". Do I seek for justice in consumer forum to get back my interest amount? 

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 August 2023

What do you mean by "for interest amount he reissued one self check, I overlooked that point by the time of receiving the check"?

Sridhar V Sridhar (Employee)     21 August 2023

Apologies,  instead of writing my name Sridhar on the check, the builder written on the check as "self".  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2023

I hope refusal is not mor ethan one yer old.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register