Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

veedu (-)     21 April 2015

Can i chat with someone under false id to collect evidence?

Hi,

My boyfriend is cheating on me. So to catch him, I created a new gmail id under some unknown girl's name and started chatting with him and he started flirting too. I want to mention that i didnt impersonate or use some other living girl's id. I created a new gmail id with some unknown name and started chatting just to catch my boyfriend red handed when he is cheating me., . Can I use this as evidence? Is it legal to chat in the name of some non-existent girl to collect evidence?

Thanks,

Learning

5 Replies

R.G. Singh (Intern)     21 April 2015

First of all its not legal to chat in the name of some non-existent girl as you would be breaking the rules of the website (eg. Facebook). Secondly, why do you need evidence in breaking off with your boyfriend, it’s not a legal relationship either ways. If you have lost trust in the relationship/person, there is no point continuing it further.

veedu (-)     21 April 2015

Thanks for the reply, sir. Do civilians have basic inverstigative privileges. Should I contact a detective agency to collect evidence that he is cheating on me? I am interested in marriage but my boyfriend is dodging marriage even after getting sign from stamp paper by fixing date of marriage.

R.G. Singh (Intern)     23 April 2015

Veedu, I have read your questions on other forums, and replied from my learned friends. I hope you have got your answer by now.

If you still have any more confusion, you can ask the same. Please understand that only if you will disclose all the facts, then only a complete answer could be provided

cyberlawyer (barrister)     22 July 2015

@ Veedu - You entered into an agreement with your boyfriend to marry you  and that too on a stamped paper ?. Can you please attach a photocopy of the agreement so that the learned members can provide their views as to the validity of such an agreement ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2015

are you the same person who poses as victim of dowry demand on other thread https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Husband-and-mother-creating-problems-after-marriage-562551.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register