LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hunan Khan   15 May 2021

Can i change my house cement sheet

Hii.. I live In mahim Mumbai in a chawl where my house cement sheets are broken and old and it's going to be monsoon soon I have written applications to bmc for asking permission but they have not given any reply from soo far and I urgently need to change the sheets.. So can i change it even after not not getting any reply from bmc

Learning

1 Replies

Arpita Chauhan   15 May 2021

Respected Sir,

Yes, you can definitely move ahead with cement sheeting even without BMC's approval.

Sir, for repairing you don't need permission from the BMC until and unless you are making a change in the structure or while repairing you are covering the area which is not the part of your property.

These changes were made under the new Development Control Regulations.

As per section 342 of BMC Act, 1988 (amended till date), the following “tenantable repairs”, can be carried out without obtaining permission from the ‘Building and Factory’ department of local BMC:

• Plastering, painting, pointing of your flat
  • Providing guniting to the structural members or walls
  • Changing floor tiles
  • Repairing WC, bath or washing places
  • Repairing or replacing drainage pipes, taps, manholes and other fittings
  • Repairing or replacing sanitary, water plumbing or electrical fittings
  • Replacing the roof with the same material
  • Replacement of existing water-proofing material of the terrace.

The only pre-conditions to the renovation work to be done at residences are:

• The original tenantable structure (whether rental or ownership) must be legal, i.e. it is based on the original BMC-approved Building plan.
  • Though no BMC permission for the above is required, it is advisable to do so under strict supervision of a registered Architect and/ or Structural Engineer.

I hope I was able to help you.

Regards

Arpita Chauhan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register