IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak (Executive)     13 June 2013

Can i cancel booking of the property..

Can i cancel the booking of the property.. if common legal documents of property were not clear with the builder, which the builder not informed at the time of booking...



i have booked a property at Loni, ghaziabad with XYZ Builders, the builder not informed us of not having GDA approved plan at the time of booking. neither he was ready to show original legal documents of the property that they owns. its a new builder, they don't 've any office/website etc.

Now i want to cancel the booking as i come to know that they don't 've the common legal document of the property. so i requested them to cancel the property as i'm not feeling safe to book a property without proper documents.

but the builder thretening to file a case if i not pay the rest payments & booking amout. (booking amount of 40000 issued a cheque to builder but they not withdrawn from last 3weeks). he is demanding me to pay within 2 days or else he is thretening me to file a case.  please help asap





 5 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     13 June 2013

you first send legally notice to aforesaid reason,

than you stop payment to the cheque you also mention that legal notice.

once clear your query thereafter buy the property or not.

reejas (advocate)     13 June 2013

u need not worry about that u can demand money from him.

upendra Singh Chandrawat (Advocate)     13 June 2013

Did you had any agreement/contract with the builder for this purchase of aforesaid property???

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 June 2013

You send a legal notice to the builder with all your doubts. Anticipate reply from them. On the basis of reply you can take decision about the cancellation.

prakharved (Medical officer)     26 June 2013



It is very important as you already feel, that everything about the property should be mentioned or shown to you before going ahead with the deal. You need to tell us what all legal agreements you have with the builder. If the builder is threatening you, what are the grounds on which he would file a case?. as others have suggested, you could go ahead and issue a legal notice to him asking for the required proofs.


I would suggest that you should consult with a property lawyer to get a good advice on the matter. To get ready, reliable advise from experienced property lawyers, I would advise you visit www.lawkonect.com. You can avail indepth advice on your situation from seasoned advocates or avail telephonic consultations with lawyers, and get your doubts cleared. Log on to www.lawkonect.com and get step by step solutions to all your legal needs and query



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query