Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   12 March 2023

Can i ask for documents u/s 32 of mcs act with power of attorney and letter of authority ?

Dear all eminent lawyers,

I asked the secretary of my CHS to allow me inspection of documents under section 32 of MCS act. The secretary responded by saying that I am not a member of the society. My father is the member of the society .

However I have the power of attorney as well as a letter of authority from my father ( who is a member )  to deal with the society.

Since I have the power of attorney as well as letter of authority can I ask for inspection society records under section 32 of MCS act.

Hope to see lot of responses and many thanks in advance.

Regards

Veerendra Darakh.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 March 2023

Did you forward PoA of the member (your father) to CHS ? If so, you are entitled and the Secretary shall have to allow inspection and in case does not allow submit representation to MC followed by complaint to Maharashtra Registrar Cooperative Societies.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 March 2023

32. Rights of members to see books, etc.- (1) Every member of a society shall be entitled to inspect, free of cost, at the society's office during office hours, or any time fixed for the purpose by the society, a copy of the Act, the rules and the by-laws, the last audited annual balance sheet, the profit and loss account, a list of the members of the committee a register of members, the minutes of general meeting, minutes of committee meetings and those portions of the books and records in which his transactions with the society have been recorded.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register