LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak   16 February 2017

Can i argue on behalf of my mother in criminal case.

Charge sheet filed against my mother in Magistrate court u/s. 420, 468, 471. We r planning file Discharge appl. Can I appear and argue on behalf of my mother with specific power of attorney. Experts plz advice.


 4 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     16 February 2017

No one other than advocates are permitted to argue cases on behalf of others.


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2017


Kamal Dixit (Lawyer in Thane District Court Mumbai Thane)     19 February 2017

only advocate permited to argue in defence of accused

shrenik (lawyer)     21 February 2017

yes  you can argue , by applying for Party in Person .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register