Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddhartha sinha (-)     06 December 2014

Can i approach consumer forum

dear friends,

my company entered into a leave & license agreement with an individual for the purpose of guest house. following are facts :

1. place - thane

2. period-33 months; lock in-11 months; security deposit (SD) - Rs 4,00,000/- (four lakh)

3. decided to terminate on mutual agreement after 9 months. (also have a written undertaking by licensor that he       will return the SD and we will evict the flat on 1st August 2014)

from august till now, licensor has been saying that he dsnt have the money and since then has been asking for time. 

please guide me wether i can file a recovery suit in consumer forum so as to command quick action. does my case come in the ambit of "services/consumer" or anything by way of which i can go to the consumer forum... if not please suggest remedies.

awaiting quick response,

regards..siddharth sinha

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 December 2014

No,your case does not attract the provisions of consumer protection act.you have to file civil suit for recovery of money[sd]

reeti shah (lawyer)     08 December 2014

You have to file civil suit for recovery of SD. Issue legal notice demanding the said money and if no reply then file civil suit Adv Reeti Shah reeti@corpusjurislaw.com 9930285557

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register