Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S K Dubey   20 September 2015

Can i apply for ph.d and take leave during probation

Esteemed Sir/ Madam

Can I apply for Ph.D course during probation and go on a leave without pay for completing the course work of 6 months? Please suggest me on this as it is of utmost importance for my aspiration and career further. I hold a Group-B (Non Gazetted) post of central government in a ministry in India. I have completed the service duration of 7 months so far.

Thanks & Regards,

S.K. Dubey

Learning

7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 September 2015

usually when a person is under probation he is not allowed to avail certain type of leave like ml,eol etc.better go through the central government leave rules to get idea

S K Dubey   20 September 2015

Will I be able to do so post my probation, sir? Unfortunately I am unable to find rules defining my case. Please respond. Thanks in advance.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 September 2015

yes thats allowed but you need to get permission from the department you are working to avail study leave or extra ordinary leave (according to types of leave available to you) and pursue your phd

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 September 2015

The rules are available in office, website, with employee's unions and/or try Google search.

You should apply and seek sanction.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

CCS(Leave) Rules provide no bar to a probationer to be on any kind of leave with/without pay, which is (i) due (ii) applied for (iii) deptt ready to sanction.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     20 September 2015

Yes you can take leave. It is the stated policy of Govt of India to encourage its employees to study further and improve on their life styles.

(Guest)
No you cant get any leave except casual leave as per rules of corporation you work. Probation period means you are not regular employee. If you ask for leaves or absent or do drama you may be discharged during or end of probation period. Dont try to have laddu in both hands.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register