LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

v chandrasekaran (Retired Addl.Chief manager)     28 September 2018

Can i adopt an adult boy who is residing with me for the past 16 years

My age is 65 and that of my wife is 60.My wife's sister died on 2002, leaving his son at the age of 7. On request from her husband, he was under our custody for the past 16 years. since his father was alive we did not made any adoption of him legally. His father also died on 2015. Now he is 25 and living with us. All his IDs are under our c/o address only. Can we adopt him now. Please guide me


 2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     28 September 2018

Dear querist,



As per my understating boy is major he has right to decide whom he want to live, if he want to live with you people then he is free to live, no adoption is required as such.


For security of boy future and transfer of assets after your life, you people can make WILL in boys favor.


Deepak Joshi & Associates



Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Martin S.   28 September 2018

Dont screw the relationship for your personal pleasure would be my sincere advice.  Relationships of paper dont last long, the ones that are not on paper are permanent.  Think about it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register