LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     13 February 2012

Can husband wilfully stay away from wife?

Dear sir,

    request you to kindly guide me on the following matter.

 due to daily quarrels and false accusations by my wife, i am wiffully staying away from her. i do not go home, i stay with my parents, no she has started to threaten me of filing a complaint with the police of not staying with her. i am paying her house rent, as i have kept her at a rented house., and paying for other expenses for her, but she insists that i stay with her during my holidays and weekends compulsorily, to which i have disagreed. i would like to know. i have already been through a counselling session with the womens cell of the police, at which they advised me to stay with her on my holidays. immediately after which the next day the same things started to happen, i.e. she started quarreling again, to which i started staying away from her, and live at my parents place, i only visit her to check if everything is ok and if she needs everything, to which she threatens me of implication and dire consequences if i dont stay with her. which i dont want to. her relatives are also insisting me on staying with her, to which i have ignored them

can any law force me to stay with her, even though i do not want to stay with her to avoid false accusations of harrassment and torture.

she is also threatening me of forcing her self into my parents house and staying with us, though we dont want to stay with her as she is troubling my parents and myself. ours is flat bought on loan, to which my bother and myself are party. can she lay a claim on the house, even though i have provided her a rented accomodation

kindly give a remedy for my above problem, also kindly guide me  on my future course of action

thanks and regards.


 5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     13 February 2012

Dear Querist,

Regret that you too like others have been made to suffer at the hands of your unscruplous wives. The law as it stands is heavily misused in india. 

Try having a look at these resources :

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     14 February 2012


Your act odf deserting your wife is a good ground for  your wife to seek divorce from you under the Hindu Marriage Act,1955. You are trying to place yourself in to trouble by your attitude. 

sanjeev001 (executive)     14 February 2012

Dear sir,

         kindly advice how can i land in trouble if i am paying her the monthly rent and other expenses, but wish to stay away to avoid false accusations of harrassment

Never Give Up (Fighter)     14 February 2012

Keep your cool and stay with her for 5-6 months continously. It seems she is just feeling very much insecure that she has company neither of your parents nor you. Nobody to talk to entire day makes one almost mad. Try not to respond to any fight, take her out on week ends for movies and shopping and other things..let it go for 2-3 weeks even if she doesnt respond properly. I think things would change slowly..but surely.

Believe me mental harassment / torture to old parents by wife is worst then we (poor husbands) bearing it alone in separate accomodation.

Alternately, you may record all these threats, Ask your parents to disown you. Make all payments by cheque. To show all costs were borne by you.

Rest individual choice.


It seems that you and your wife need counselling, Call me to discuss details at 9560960049

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query