Can house owner ask for advance money in middle of year?

Digital Marketing Analyst


I have some questions? 

1. Can house owner ask for advance money in middle of year in India?because starting of the 2014 year he does not say anything about it and  i have been living in this house since 2009 and i have passport,sbi bank account and adhare card with this address. I have already given advance on 2009.Suddenly he is asking for more advance

2. As i am asking for agreement he is not giving what can i do?



No he cannot ask advance in your case. 2.consult a lawyer if he is nt giving agreement copy. Lawyer will give notice in that case yo ur house owner. Or call 09910657998 mahavir singh advocate.


No he cannot demand an advance arbitrarily. You pl tell him politely that you require the lease deed and in case if you are ready to pay an advance demanded by him , then you will have to prepare a new rental agreement with the mention  of the cumulative advance payed to him .If you have registered your lease agreement , then you will have to go the sub- registrar's office and file for a certified copy of the rental agreement.


There is nothing wrong in the house owner demanding the enhanced advance(security deposit)  anytime after the completion of the initial lease agreement period.  If you do not want to pay it, you may vacate the house, your residential proof identity has nothing to with the house you are on rent now.  This is a temporary shelter, tomorrow you may shift to some other place and that will become your residential address and so on.  It is better to talk to him and reduce the demanded amount to a possible level and obtain a receipt for that without fail.  As far as possible avoid problems with the house owner so that you can live peacefully there.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x