LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vartika (P.R Manager)     05 October 2009

Can he take Divorce

My husband and i got love marriage (3 yrs ago)after that I came to know that he is not earning, and his parents are not forcing him also ,so that he can get dowry (which was not given in marriage as it was love marriage)from our parents. after 2 yr I came back to my parents, but then 6 months after he called me back as he said he has been thrown out of hi house (which was planed that I cannot claim house of his parents, but we have not thought about divorce yet) agin because of his not earning habbit i again came back in august this year now am doubting that they are planning for divorce. I dont want to give him divorce.....Please help.

Learning

6 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     05 October 2009

It is better that you both wife husband to settle  the matte amicablly. It is husband's bounded duty to provide all essessntials to his wife, with his earnings.  If he is not providig the same. you can intiate proceddings under domestic voilence act. If he neglects in  leading marital life with you, you can file a suit for restitutuion of coonjugal rights. if he harrases you for dowry you can file  complaint with police u/s 498-A I.P.C and Dowry Prohibition Act.

Court will not grant Divorce just based on the pettion filed by you husband. It will give opportunity to you, to produce your case. Court will adjudicate the matter based on the circumstances of the case,  provisions in the law, and the evidence lead by you.

But my sincere advice is, both of you  try to settle the matter amicable.

Be courageous and brave. Don't loose hopes in life.

Kiran P.V

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 October 2009

r u earining hand or unemployed. If not earning then file maintenance from him and if he is not able then from his property share.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     06 October 2009

geting divorce is not easy,there must be a solid ground for it.

in this case i think that both of u should compromise and clear all the things for future a happy life.

charudureja (advocate)     06 October 2009

u said it was a love marraige then at the time of marriage u knew wht he does for earning. 2ndly its better both of u talk n dont let parents or anybody else spoil ur realtionhsip. it is always better to sit n talk n u can do that verywell.

charudureja (advocate)     06 October 2009

try to make him understand that u love him n dont want to leave him. make him see that u r future is together n convince him to work

Vartika (P.R Manager)     06 October 2009

Thanks very much for all your concern, but they r very cunning people hey had already got divorced their two daughter with huge amount of money, they might plan in this also because he can show he is not earning whr am earning hand, pls tell me what all and how can he will be able to take divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register