Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sadasiva Reddy   22 May 2018

Can GPA holder do self sale deed ?

Dear sirs,
I am planning to buy a plot in Bangalore location and its converted land and its middle of few other survey number properties.
The Plot which I am planning to buy, is belongs to survey number 63/2 and to enter into survey number 63/2 we right of way access issue. Please note that, we have to enter into survey number 62/2 first and then we can enter into survey number 63/2.
Due to this right way access issue, builder made a sale agreement on 9 April 2018 to purchase some land in survey number 62/2 ( which is green belt and agriculture land) and paid 99% amount for this property with one year time to make a sale deed.
On same day( 9 April 2014) Landlord given GPA to Builder for same property  (survey number 62/2).
Now the issues is sale agreement has been expired and builder did not do sale deed so far. Now builder has only GPA and builder is saying that he will do sale deed on his name with GPA rights now.
So, can GPA holder do self sale deed? I mean can he do sale deed on his name to property which he is GPA holder? 
Thanks in advance..

Learning

5 Replies

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     22 May 2018

Yes, Sir, a GPA holder can execute sale deed as he has every power in relation that property.

If you still need any authority in regards to this contact me.

Thanks,

Regards,

Aman Chawla

Sadasiva Reddy   22 May 2018

GPA has rights do sale deed. But my query is whether GPA holder can do sale deed in his / her name?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2018

Generically speaking; GPA holder (agent) may succeed to register  sale deed in favor of self (agent).

The agent has to maintain the trust of principle.

Rest discuss with a very able counsel as already suggested in other threads.

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     23 May 2018

Yes, can be done and contact me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register