Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

razak (accountant)     30 November 2011

Can gift deed revoked by the donor

hello sir,

this is RAZAK, we are four brothers, we have strated the family business, in 2003, but when we startded the business, the land purchased on two brothers name, after that we  transfered that land to one brother as a released deed, because of the bank loan for the industrie, after that we construct a rice mill in the name of one brother, after seven years( 2010) we had some disturbances among us so we decided to divide the property.  on 2010 the property was divided as shares myself and my big brother has 20% and 20% share and the other twoo has 30% and  30 % share as a gift my question whether my brother who is the donor can have the right to revoke the gift deed?

do we have any complications regarding this deed .

can we have right to file pition against the donor, if he create  any distrubences to us...


 6 Replies

kumar t v s (advocate)     30 November 2011

when a gift deed is made by donar, accepted by donee and the document is registered, it becomes final. The gift cannot be revoked unilaterally.

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     30 November 2011

Dear Sir,

I agree with Mr Kumar TVS but if any condition impose dthen such gift deed is revocable which is called as contingent gift deeds. Please verify Transfer of Property Act

with regrds

I.S.Roy, Advocate

ahmed (document writer)     30 November 2011

dear sir 

Gift deed is revocable document, Donor can cancel the same at any point of time, if the donee transfer his  right in favour of any third party the Donor cannot cancel or revoke the same    

razak (accountant)     30 November 2011

thank u for ur valuble sugetions, 

razak (accountant)     03 December 2011

in the above senario, my self 20% share rigister on my father's name, why because at the time of rigistration, i was not in india, because of my absence my brother gave 20% share as a gift deed to my father, now iam in india, and one more thing is the all diveded three 30+20+20 shares on only one document, now my father wants to rigister 20% share  as agift deed on my name,  

my question is  can my father transfer his share on my name without t concent of my other three brothers ?,  my father and  my self don't want to tell them about this rigistration.

ahmed (document writer)     03 December 2011

Dear Razak

if you father share clearly specified in the document he can executed any document or gift the same to you if his share is not specified in the document in the such event all the claimants of the document have to execute the gift or sale or any other document. clearly specify "mean" his absolute right of extent and boundries of his share   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register