Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Oscar Mendes (Service)     23 April 2015

Can ex-wife claim property i buy after divorce

HI Experts,

I got recently divorced in June 2015, and my registration got cancelled in OCt 2015 by following all legal procedures..My Question is 

I Plan to buy a House now..

1. Can my Ex-wife claim this property which will be purchased by me after my divorce and cancellation

2. Is there a safer way to buy this house. As my present wife is not working and i dont think she can get a home loan also, as i was planning to buy the house completly on her name itself.

3. I have a kid from my Ex-Wife : Can she turn up and claim anything from this property or any other property that i purchase from my own savings and not inherited 

4. Is Ex-Wifes claiming property only limitted to what is purchased before and  during the marriage only ? and not after divorce if it is not inherited ?

Any other advice i can take .

Regards

Oscar

Learning

3 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     23 April 2015

OSCAR, BUT YOUR CHILD COULD GET RIGHTS ON THE PROPERTY IF YOU BUY ON YOUR NAME, BUT NOT DIVORCED WIFE. NEW WIFE WOULD HAVE COMPLETE RIGHTS ON THE PROPERTY IS BOUGHT IN HER NAME, PROVIDED YOUR MONEYS IS NOT ANY WAY CONNECTED TO EX WIFE THAT YOU SHD BEAR IN MIND SIR !

Oscar Mendes (Service)     23 April 2015

So, you mean. my kid from 1st wife can claim that property ?? even though i am buying it after being divorced ? and with my own money ? My first wife was never working after our marriage..

If you still say that my kid can claim that property, can i buy the house only in my present wife's name.. and if so any idea if I can take the loan in my name or/and her name also ? 

shrikant (LAW OFFICER)     23 April 2015

Agree with Balakishnan sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register