FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     09 March 2008

can eldest son in law can become karta of family?

I will be grateful if any legal experts answer my question regarding hindu succession act 2005.
I have Four elder brothers,one eldest sister and mother all alive.Family was a close knit & very affectionate earlier but not today and there are many misunderstanding on many matters. my father died in 2006 and left will.and allowed transfer of flat in his name , but society is not doing

My Question is "can eldest son in law can become karta of family " as there is dispute between two brothers?


 4 Replies

P.V.Poornima (Lawyer)     09 March 2008

The son-in-law cannot be a member of a Hindu Undivided Family and hence cannot be the kartha of the family.

amit (lawyer)     09 March 2008

No son-in-law can not be a karta of any HUF.

anil kumar (service)     09 March 2008

I also agree about the position. Even the eldest daughter cannot act as Karta but only the eldest brother or in his absence younger one alone can act as Karta.

Guest (n/a)     11 March 2008

The eldest son in law cannot be considered as 'Kartha as the Kartha is relating to one person who is born within the family and not by from the other family.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query