Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SurfingNez   08 April 2017

Can e stamp paper be corrected for typo errors?

Can e stamp paper be corrected for typo errors?

While registration of a conveynce deed, I found that there are some typo errors in the name of the second owner on stamp paper. Can e stamp paper be corrected? I want to get it corrected to avoid registring correction/ rectification deed later.

Pls help with the process to correct the e stamp paper if it's legally possible. Thanks!

Learning

5 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     08 April 2017

Yes it can be rectified Just buy another estamp of value 100 and write down details of estamp you have

SurfingNez   08 April 2017

Earlier stamp is worth few lakhs....Are you saying that I buy another stamp paper of 100 and put in corrections needed in earlier stamp paper??? Is it right? Pls advise. Thanks

meera (Advocate)     09 April 2017

You get done by rectification Deed - stamp duty& registration of RD are at rates as prescribed by different states-if it is only spelling mistake than nominal charge is only 100rs,if mistake concern area or extent of property/ change of names of purchase than stamp duty and registration charge payable would be at rate prescribed conveyance deed

SurfingNez   09 April 2017

Thx for your reply. So what I'm understanding is that it can only be done via a rectification deed after doing conveyance deed. Correct? Can I do it simultaneously while registering conveyance deed? Where can I find the estimated cost for rectification deed? Please help.

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     10 April 2017

Dear Surfig Nez:

Approach the SRO, where ur registering the conveyance who will give the prescribed fee rates for the Rectification Deed. However it appears that ur about to go for a Registration & Registration is not yet done ( "Can I do it simultaneously?" suggests such meaning to me if Iam right!!),

Solution:

in such a case u can add another Stamp paper at the appropriate place,  with heading " Corrections" n list them out under page no- line no correction to be read as...etc & make that paper as part of the main document, then u dont need of any correction Deed. However I suggest u to first speak to the SRO concerned.----------Advocate Ram Prasad +91-91777-22930.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register