Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

opensky (self)     04 May 2015

Can divorce decree by family court be challenged?

Can divorce decree by family court be challenged?
In mediation I was eyewashed for MCD, but finally I came to know what was done was not MCD, though that word was  used till the end by all learned members!
Same petition of false allegations was used with settlement doc as addendum.In settlement doc, no money claims,etc. but judge made to remove "allegations are withdrawn" paragraph.
This was blatant manipulation by mediator and opp. lawyer, and my lawyer was not competent enough to advice me right. Even now my lawyer insists what happened was MCD and i must feel lucky - please note there was no process of first and second motion, entire thing was complete in 4months!!!!!
I never even got chance to file my objections.
I feel cheated and my ex got away with what she wanted in just 4 months at the cost of my reputation. Can I appeal now in higher court to re-file joint petition for MCD? It is very unfair to see in final decree as "petitioner claimed under cruelty and matter was settled in mediation and hence divorce granted basis of settlement doc"

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 May 2015

as you have stated its definitely not mcd but did you accept the allegations thats alleged against you during the mediation

opensky (self)     04 May 2015

No I ahve not accepted anything, and they have also agreed to withdraw allegations in mediation discussion, when I raised the matter.

Only the right procedure was not followed, a shortcut method to meet the petitioner's urgency, was adopted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register