Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat Jagadeesh Babu (Director)     08 December 2011

Can defamation be filed in my case?

Sir,

I have collected some amount of money from publice more than 150 people and in return I gave them post dated cheque to every one.  I could not return their money due to my business failure. I dont no whether the investor gave any complain to the police or not. But I came to know that the investors are displaying my photo in website to trace me out. I can return their money if my business goes on profit.

I can not understand how to face this situation.  Can I file defamation against the investors for displaying my photo in website. 

please advice.....

Learning

7 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 December 2011

No, you can not.

Start returning money to re-create trust.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yam Raj @ PBI (Social Reformer - www.publicbureauofinvestigation.in)     10 December 2011

I can not understand how to face this situation

Venkat.... before creating this situation you should have thought ten times to take money from others.

investors are displaying my photo in website to trace me.

........Investors are taking the correct steps to trace out such cheaters like you. Why r u hiding yourself?

Can I file defamation against the investors for displaying my photo in website.

........You can not file any case against them, since you have proved yourself as a cheaters. First you return their money then think of filing anything.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2011

You can file defamation case for loss of a reputation which you had.  For success in defamation case you should be able to prove the allegation as false.  You are yourself admitting failure to return money. If you have failed return money and victims are advertising such details then they are not speaking any false allegation. The investors are not concerned with you business failure all that they know that you took money on PDC and are not returning. There is no scope of defamation. You are probably hiding and the moment you file such case your cover is blown.  Law does not generally favour the public cheats.You have to enter settlement and beg for mercy of each investor. Some may settle for lessor amoutn and some may demand even double under force of S/138 of NI Act.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     22 December 2011

But Dear Sudhir,

You would have seen that the author has stated that he owes money, so how can he file for defamation.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2011

Yes he can file defamation if he can prove allegatin to be false. In this case he is himself admitting allegations as true and filing any suit will blow his cover where he has hidden after chaeting 150 persons.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 December 2011

Exactly my statement sir.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     08 January 2012

No defamation possible, keep cool police and public is searching people like you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register