Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Singh   23 August 2015

Can brother of plaintiff represent/advocate the case?

My brother had filed a civil suit for seeking permanent injunction upon house property which is in our possession.

Since he had to go abroad for job, he made my mother as a Constituted Attorney (CA).

Thereafter he left for abroad.

My mother appointed a lawyer for the case.

The lawyer despite of taking huge advance sum in cash is asking for more money now and then.

We cannot afford his services anymore.

I have decided to fight my brother's case on my own.

For that please guide me how to get myself on record of the case, since my brother is the plaintiff, my mother is the Constituted Attorney.

I want to represent/advocate this case on my own.

How to do that?

Plz. guide.

 2 Replies


If U R not an advocate by profession U have to obtain the permission of the court.

S Singh   24 August 2015

The property was actually purchased from the life savings of our parents.

Hence I am also entitled to this house property and in which I currently dwell also.

What type of application will I have to make to represent the case? I am not an Advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query