LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sahastranshu   14 September 2015

Can association cut water connection

Hi Sir,

    I am residing in Kristal Dolomite apartment in Bangalore. The association has been formed under KSRA 1962 act in March 2014.

  The current office bearers has passed a motion that society can cut the Water connection, usage of common area if the Maintenance dues is pending for two months or more. Is it legally allowed to do so? Till date the society has not published the audited report as well.

Please suggest your valuable input , in case such action taken by the Office bearer, what can be done.

Thanks and Regards



 4 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     14 September 2015

If that is passed by general body, than yes.

Tanu Yogendra Oza (Founder)     14 September 2015

No. Even if passed by general body. Its crime and police complaint can be registeted

2BHelpfull (Other)     15 September 2015

no person has power to cut anyone water supply/electricity connection even if it is passed by majority in AGM


u cannot make legal something that is illegal accourding to the Law.

in AGM decision cannot be made beyond the Law.even if made it is not valid and it is void ab-initio.


it is a great criminal offence.approach police.

sahastranshu   15 September 2015

Thanks for your valuable input. will update the forum once the resident face any adverse scenario like this.

Best Regards


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register