LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     27 December 2014

Can anybody reply please


Dear Experts:

Suppose a divorce case is going on in the High Court and the High Court has passed an order in a Misc Case, The opposite party has preferred an appeal (SLP) in the Supreme Court which is not yet listed. Can the High Court go ahead with its proceedings in the main Divorce case or it has to wait till Supreme Court order ?

Kindly help with a judgement /Citation



 3 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     27 December 2014

HIGH COURT can proceed .....

Simran Kaur (Advocate/Legal Consultant     27 December 2014

The divorce case shall proceed in a regular manner until the SC orders a stay on the proceedings before the HC. Pendency of a petition before SC by itself doesn't operate as a stay on the proceeding s before HC.

MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     29 December 2014

Thank you both. Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query