Can alimony be awarded for working wife

master

Members,

Please give your valuable inputs about alimony in case of divorce.

divorce filed by husband on cruelty grounds and no litigations so far from wife's side.

wife was working before marriage and worked after marriage till she deserted after that no info.(proofs are there)

what are the basis for alimony and what if husband says i will pay monthly maintenence but not one time alimony.

thanks in advance and regards

Freedom

Husband can pay monthly . As you say wife is qualified and was working earlier than no maintaence. 

Total likes : 1 times

No alimony if can maintain decent life with earnings

Advisory/Advocacy

Wife should not be allowed alimony in the light of her capability to earn. However, a permanent settlemant amount can be arrived at....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

@Querist,

Whether she earns or not is immaterial in determining the maintenance amount.The question of maintenance amount depends upon your earnings and living standards of both of you and also whether you have sons/daughters,as the case may be.

Note-This reply should be taken per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

master

@ Chetan Joshi

sir for permanent settlement will court consider husband's consent or it will just pass an order.

master

@Mr. Sumitra Kumar

no issues born out of that wedlock. she was earning before marriage and qualified enough to earn and even after marriage she worked as a free lancer few material evidences are there in this regard and i earn few thousands more than her thats it. my family own a house and a car and they dont own anything.

@Querist,

It's not in your discretion to decide if you like to pay one time alimony or monthly maintence. your wife's and the court's,decision/consent is of much importance.I expressed my opinion. Now it's upon the Court to decide your case.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

[Last reply to this thread]

Thanks,

Regards,

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_no-alimony-for-wife-earning-well_1192215
http://advocateseema.in/files/Dr._E._Shanthi_vs_Dr._H.K._Vasudev_on_22_August,_2005.pdf

There are many similar judgements where alimony is dismissed if wife earning is adequate to maintain decent life

Serach in this fourm itself there are many postings. however this is completly to court discretion and based on your supporting evidence and arguements

Worker

Whether she earns or not is immaterial in determining the maintenance amount.

sumitra ji ...

again, I disagree

also conduct of the parties also matters while granting alimony.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x