IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nibedita Dhal   24 March 2023

Can a wife(married to cg domicile person)give statepsc(chhattisgarh) if she is from other state

I want to give StatePSC of CG state. But I don't have CG domicile certificate as I am from different state. My husband has the domicile of CG.So after marriage will I be eligible legally to apply for CG state PSC. Is my  domicile valid for State Govt Job in CG. 


 2 Replies

RAKESH ISHI   24 March 2023

If your husband has a valid domicile certificate for Chhattisgarh and you have married him, you may be eligible to apply for the CGPSC exam based on his domicile. However, it is important to check the specific rules and regulations of the CGPSC regarding domicile requirements and eligibility criteria for the exam.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 March 2023

On marriage, the woman gets the domicile of her husband in view of Section 16 of the Indian Succession Act which lays down that a wife's domicile during her marriage follows the domicile of her husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query