Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   28 March 2023

Can a screenshot of youtube video channel submitted proceedings in high court without owner consent

My wife is working for an online teaching company and has hidden her job profile with the High Court. However, I see her videos on the youtube channel owned by her employer where she is giving lectures? Can I submit the screenshot of her video from the Youtube channel of her without her employer's consent. Am I going to be prosecuted for infringement of copyrights by her employer?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 March 2023

Yes , it won’t be a problem if it is a copyright free video but it is not advisable to use someone else’s content in your blog without giving proper credits. Maybe with the certain credits given to the owner of the video it should not be a problem.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2023

This kind of evidence is admissible as primary evidence in court of law. 

Once you have clinching evidence to prove that she is employed in a company,  you can file a petition seeking direction to concerned company to produce her employment details and salary income particulars. 

If the court opined it to be genuine,  it may pass suitable orders. 

Shashi Dhara   28 March 2023

File IA to court to call  for evidence  of you tube channel owner ascertaining the facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register