Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sahil Adv. (IT Professional)     28 August 2009

Can a Power of Attorney holder execute a Gift Deed?

1) If my uncle executes a General Power of Attorney or Special Power of Attorney in favor of my brother, Can my brother later execute a Gift Deed in favor of our mother for immovable property which is in Delhi?

2) Which kind of Power of Attorney would be more appropriate General or Special?

3) Can my uncle execute Power of Attorney in a different zone in Delhi other than where property actually exist?

Please Note that this Power of Attorney is without consideration.

If its Special Power of Attorney, can someone please give me a sample for this situation.

Regards,
Sahil

Learning

7 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     28 August 2009

It is posted  under - Experts - section - and  replied

kapil sharma (advocate)     09 September 2009

1.  Gift deed after POA is subject of matter describe in POA.

2.  Depend on power be granted

3.   No.

1 Like

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     20 August 2010

Am not allowed to post in the Experts sections so I am asking you this question here Mr. Rao.

1. Can a Gift deed made by the POA holder be chaled by the POA giver ?

for eg. there is a property and I have a share in that property and so do my sister. I give her the POA and she gifts it to someone. I want to challange it can I do so if yes then how and are there any authorities helping me in this case ??

challenged*

posted : https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Can-a-Gift-Deed-made-by-a-POA-be-challenged-by-POA-giver--108606.asp

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     20 August 2010

Most of the students querries are not related to actual situations , since they want to understand so they post same querry again and again by just changing the format.

For student friends please note that law in practice and law in theory is entirely defferent and your examiners are mostly from theory side no practical expereince.

This is the contradiction in the system.

1: I am not a student I am an advocate, I tried changing my status many times god knows why is it not changing.

2. This is a real life scnerio in which I am for the person who issued the POA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register