Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   27 October 2022

Can a police complaint be filed in this case?

Respected Lawyers,

I took services of a motor driving school to get my car's registration renewed at car's 15 year mark. The agent (driving school) took full advance payment. They made online application, paid the taxes and I went to RTO for getting my car inspected as per the procedure. Inspection happened and I signed all forms and agent handed over the same to the rto official.

Nearly 3 months have passed since then but application has not been processed online. At least by now status should have changed to Inspected or Approved.

The agent is fooling around. He gives random reasons which do not sound credible. except payment receipt I have no official status updated online nor I have the car's RC document anymore.

What should be my next legal step here? Can I file a complaint to police under cheating?

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 October 2022

Whether the driving school is authorised agent of RTO for renewal / registration of private cars ?

If so, besides lodging a police complaint and complaint before jurisdictional consumer dispute redressal commission you may issue legal notice to all concerned.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register