LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lord Ganesha (service)     08 August 2013

Can a person plead before the high court???

Dear Experts

  I had filed a case against my wife under sec 9 of Hindu Marriage Act in my Home City. Now my wife has filed a petition in the Allahabad High Court to transfer this case to her home city. I have received a summon from the Allahabad High Court to appear on the appointed date and to file my reply .

My querry is :- Can I appear before the High Court and plead my case myself without any lawyer  ???  Will I be allowed by the High Court to do so ???

Thanking you in advance


 2 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     08 August 2013

Yes you can conduct and plead your case in person. You need to make an application praying for the same.

Vikas Setia (Legal Advisor and Petition Drafting)     13 August 2013

Yes you are allowed to represent yourself 

Just make sure you are well perpare to present your case......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register