LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     16 November 2012

Can a painter sue a house owner in labour court?

Can a Painter working in a house sue the individual house owner in the Labour Court under payment of wages act?


 5 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     16 November 2012

No. The Act applies to  Industrial Establishments. 

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     19 November 2012

Thank you Thukral Saheb. 

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     20 November 2012

Dear Kuldeep Ji,

If the painter registered under Unorganised sector workers social security Bill and If he is having identity card to that extend can proceed to Labour Court.  However checkup with expert.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2012

But even if the Labour deptt refuse to entertained the complaint the housewoner will be reputed as wage grabber and will not likely to get any wrokman in future.

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     21 November 2012

Thanks Mr. Murty.  The Painter does not have any I Card but is being supported by Labour Union.

Thanks to Mr. Sudhir Kumar also.  The painter is trying extract the money despite being paid in full.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register