Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can a Muslim man do 2nd marriage without divorcing 1st wife.

Page no : 2

MOHAMMAD ANISH   08 March 2018

What is the option left behind to do 2nd marriage.Is there any exception in conduct rule by which I can do 2nd marriage being a govt.employee without divorcing 1st wife.Like i told my wife has some medical issue and she can't conceive.

Ziaur Rahman ( Practice)     11 August 2018

Bigamy is an offence/misconduct under Government Service Rules of both Central Services and State Services if the 2nd marriage is solemnised without the permission of the Cadre Controlling Authority or Disciplinary Authority. Many Muslim employees have been dismissed after departmental proceedings. When any Muslim employee accepts a job in Government then he surrenders many of his lawful rights to the conditions of service of the department. This is the case with you too. If you want to solemnize second marriage then seek the permission of the competent authority with valid reasons.

Ziaur Rahman ( Practice)     11 August 2018

Bigamy is an offence/misconduct under Government Service Rules of both Central Services and State Services if the 2nd marriage is solemnised without the permission of the Cadre Controlling Authority or Disciplinary Authority. Many Muslim employees have been dismissed after departmental proceedings. When any Muslim employee accepts a job in Government then he surrenders many of his lawful rights to the conditions of service of the department. This is the case with you too. If you want to solemnize second marriage then seek the permission of the competent authority with valid reasons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register