LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumar   06 February 2019

Can a married men live in a live in relationship

I am 39 years old man got married in 2009. Due to some differences my wife left me deserted and started living with her parents from April 2016. Neither she is ready to come back nor she wanna gave me divorce. Moreover now I also don't have any feelings for her and don't want to patch up with her. me and my family tried our best to get out from this mess on mutual consent but all in vain. I am interested in one of my friend she is divorced. Now my question is:- 1. I don't want to get into court matter to get divorce from my wife. I want to live in with my friend. Can I stay in live in relationship with my that friend because marriage is not possible untill I get divorce too. What can be the consequences of this and what precaution I have to take for it. 2. Can my wife file a dowery case or DV case against me? 3. Is there any time limit for filing dowery and DV case, as my is living with here parents from past 3 years, or she can file any case any time.

Learning

4 Replies

Rekha Nair   06 February 2019

contact me on 9824873129 regarding your questions
1 Like

Advocate Arzoo Raj (Advocate)     08 February 2019

You can file for restitution of conjugal rights u/s 9 of Hindu Marriage Act, for reconciliation with your wife. Thereafter, your wife will have to come to the court, in order to state if she wants to reconcile or not. If she does not, then divorce can be sought. However, you cannot live with your friend until you get a proper divorce as the same might become a ground for your wife to file for a divorce, wherein you will have to pay a lot of money in the form o alimony and maintenance.

Shashi Dhara   08 February 2019

If u don't care anyone make relationship.she has to prove it if she allegates engage eminent advocate he defends u strongly if u have money in Ur pocket Ur advocate will decreases its size.urs choice.

Shashi Dhara   08 February 2019

He may empty Ur pocket also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register