30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh kumar (lect)     23 July 2017

Can a exparte claimant file an appeal in higher court

Hello Experts.

Is it possible for claimant ( who is declared expartee in court order)  file an appeal in High court . The case is related to 18 year old land acqusition case.

( Reason : Its a mischieve by the lawer, He first represented for 3 claimants , who then stop representing one of claimant in court. Further no information was shared by him that claimant is declared expartee)

My father is the claimant and he met an accident and is 70% handicapped and 73 years old. It was not practically possible for him to follow up a case that runs in trial court for 18 years .




 7 Replies


Need clarity - is exparte given against your father or your father got exparte aganst someone?

1 Like

Santosh kumar (lect)     23 July 2017

Its a case of land acqusition, govt acquired land and awarded less compenstaion.   The case was posted a LA tribunal and trail went for 18 years.

My father being one of the 4  claimant s filed a case and hand been contesting. In latest few years the court took up evidence hearing etc. and My father was notoriously dropped from being represented at court.

Now the case didn't go in favour of any of the claimants. Can the expartee claimant file an in High court.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     23 July 2017

You try filing an appeal to set aside the exparte decree and for all other necessary reliefs.

2 Like

Santosh kumar (lect)     23 July 2017


Thanks for reply .

The intent is to set aside exparte decree and as well as challenge the decree , where compensation is not enhanced by lower court at high court.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     23 July 2017

Dear client,

               You are getting correct replies but you are not giving likes. Our efforts in answering the queries is getting wasted.This has been happening for the last one week.

2 Like

Santosh kumar (lect)     25 July 2017

I was not aware that we have to like replies.   I have done that now.

Can my query be answered ?

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     06 August 2017

He first represented for 3 claimants , who then stop representing one of claimant in court. Single LAOP or 3 LAOP'S?
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query