Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Willie John   23 August 2022

Can a domestic worker contact embassy for legal support in dubai?

Hi Sir,

I'm an Indian woman working as a Housemaid in Dubai. I'm working here in a government approved maid service company since 2018 and never had any issues. But one of my friends from India came recently with a nanny job offer from a private agency and they didn't keep their promises they offered when hiring her. She is having pending salary and other incentives to be received.

Can she contact the embassy for any legal support? Please help with your valuable advices.

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 August 2022

Just a single call 

• Contact the MOHRE call centre at 80060.Call them and within no time your friend will be relieved from trubles .

Smitha Ajay   29 August 2022

It's better to contact the UAE Ministry of Labour than connecting with the embassy as that's the right solution, in my opinion, to get solved these kind of issues. I'm also from India and working here as a consultant for a nanny hiring company and mostly we deal with such issues by contacting the labour dept.

So I would like suggest you to help your friend file a complaint by explaining all the details, so that they can assist and provide a final solution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register