LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarthak Nayar   23 August 2017

Can a common man who is not an advocate send a legal notice?

I am a law student and my parents are being harassed by my neighbour, i want to file an FIR against my neighbour but before that i want to intimate him by sending him a legal notice, can my father or me who are not enrolled advocates send a legal notice to him. Thanks in advance.


 5 Replies

Yes 100%..... But its advisable to send it through an advocate, main purpose behind such is to create an impact on the other party in your case your neighbour

But it is very much legal if you send notice with the name person harassed personally

Sarthak Nayar   23 August 2017

Sir, is it better to send a legal notice before filing a criminal case (non bailable)? Or legal notice is not needed before a criminal case, i want to avoid litigation thus in favor of warning him before.

Dear sarthak, .

I knew your intentions......
Notice is not required at all
But as you aren't interested in litigation but just want to afraid him.... Then you can send legal notice...nothing harm in it

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     23 August 2017

Choose either to sent legal notice or to get registered FIR because ever delay in registration of FIR would adversely affect you FIR. No notice is required for FIR.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 August 2017

You ( that is not a lawyer) can send a notice.

Your lawyer can send legal notice.

For the intent you have mentioned you have already been advised above.



1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query