LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan Kumar   07 September 2021

Can a cheque bounced accused can go abroad in pending case og 138

I have given some amt to one of my friend in his firm account as investment...After long chasing he issued 3 cheques in favour of me from his firm account and later due to mismanagement and loss he clossed that firm .I diposited the cheque which got bounced and I sent him the notice as per procedure thru my advocate... Now I come to know that the accused is palling to leave India as he is having very heavy loans from banks on his head...Now my query is
1) can he leave the country in situation of pending criminal case of cheque bouncing
2) To who I should sent the mail/Letter about pending case so that he should not get the Vise

kindly advise


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 September 2021

Whether the accused (drawer of the cheque) is on bail or not, if so, whether bail is conditional qua proceeding or restrained to proceed out of station/ country ?? Consult your lawyer who is well aware about facts of case.

pankaj verma   09 September 2021

yes but with the permission of the court....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register