LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ananya   04 May 2015

Can a cheating and emotional loss case be filed

I am in love relationship with a guy for 5 years. He was proposing for marriage, 4.5 years back, but as I was studying I said I can't marry now. But he said you do commitment and then I can wait for you even for 5 years. I accepted the proposal on the condition that I need some time for marriage. And then in October 2010 we were engaged in a small family gathering. But due to studies commitment I said I need some time for marriage. Then he threatened me to do harm to me if I don't marry to him. He kept on making all love and marriage promises and that he is only mine and waiting for me to get my studies completed. He was making all love and marriage promises to me but I came to know that he was looking for other girls without letting me know. By this I got disturbed a lot and my studies suffered a lot. But then he asked me for forgiveness and again trapped me in his love and marriage promises. I loved him a lot and was too much emotionally attached to him. I have always asked him that if you want to leave me then leave me now but don't betray me later. And if you are looking for other girls like you did earlier then please tell me, but don't cheat me. He kept saying that he is all mine, he loves me only, I am unnecessarily not trusting him. He will never go to any other girl but marry me only. Till 2nd April 2015 he was making all love and marriage promises. And then suddenly he disappeared and blocked all my and my family phone numbers and all sources to reach him. I wrote him thousands of emails to call me or attend my call for once. But got no reply. Then on 26th April I came to know from some source that he is with other girl and has fixed his marriage with her. Without giving any information to me he did this. I am too much emotionally shattered.  I loved him so dearly. I have never expected of any other man in my life. I have grown by 5 years with him and I am of age 33 now and have not seen any other guy for marriage thinking that he loves me and will marry me as we were engaged and he had always promised to marry me. My family tried to reach him but he is hiding away. 


He played with my emotions for 5 years. Cause lot of harm of my studies. Another loss that he caused is - as I have grown by 5 years and of 33 now so my prospects of getting other suitable and nice matches for marriage who suits my qualifications have also decreased. And now without giving me any information, explanation he just hidden away and is marrying another girl. 


As I am studying in one of the premier institutes of India so studies load was too much and because of his earlier behaviour of threatening and cheating and now this great betrayal my studies and thus my career has suffered a lot.


Me and my parents talked to that other girl he is marrying and her family and she said that I will break your relationship do whatever you can. And they also blocked all our sources to reach them. 


When I called his parents to get his whereabouts, they tried to mislead me saying that no person of this same stays here. I called them several times but every time they mislead me or didn't pick up the phone. They are Hindu and they mislead me saying that they are a Muslim family and they don't know anyone of this name. When my parents and relatives went to his home, his parents themselves tried to hide by asking their neighbours to say that they are not at home but have gone for some Yatra. But anyhow we caught hold of them there. Now they have blocked all my and my family numbers on their home phone also.


I have proofs in the form of chats, messages, emails, skype chats, number of phone calls, bills he paid on my behalf, gifts.


Can I file a case of cheating, betrayal causing emotional and psychological trauma and loss against him? Can a case be filed against him for all this mental agony leading to loss of my studies and thus a loss to my otherwise bright future career? 


Can I get an order from court to hold on his marriage with that other girl until he comes in open (as he is hiding away) and gave me explanation of why he cheated me and my family? 


Can I make a case against that other girl and his family for seducing him away intentionally and for blocking all our sources to reach them for discussing the matter openly? 


Can I case be made against the guy and his family for intentionally hiding away after playing with my emotions and career for 5 years and giving me this psychological torture? 


Can he be made to marry me if he cannot give proper explanation for betrayal.


Can I get any kind of legal help?



 4 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     04 May 2015

Mam, Really sorry to hear first of all..... Yes you can file the case of cheating and breaking the engagement without any reason or communication ... Since engagement does not bind a person not to get married to someone so you cannot take injunction against that.... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450


I'm not laywer. File Rape case against that b*st*rd. Fail some other false case against him.

Make some arangement like no one will marry him. Keep only one option in front of him to marry you.. 


Jothish Kumar (Consultant)     03 July 2015

She is 33 years age and now styuding  also she requested to wait him for complete her study. who in the earth will wait for a foolish, aged 33 years still  styuding and not complete the styudy. if she is aged 33 then what is his age? why he is waiting for a junk like this lady more times to waste his energy.   The Guy take a concrete decision. So my best wishes to the guy.


If you have balls go break his head and go sit in jail for 7 years or find someone else and get married quickly as your are OFF marriageable age now and chances of being single for life are more now.  So decide what you want..

1.  Buy crowbar to break his head and go to jail for 7 years.

2.  Forget this rapist and find someone else and marry off now itself, immediately [that too after telling the prospective boy that you did aish kar with this good for nothing an that he dumped you to marry someone else etc.] wihtout fooling around for another 3 years.

3.  Dont bother yourself about marriage. Think that marriage is not for you and Decide to become a NUN and stay spinster for life !.


All the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query