So there is a guy friend of mine who is facing some issues. Actually he was best-friend with a girl. But then the girl turned bad, and used the guy for her means (i.e to get her boyfriend back). To do so, she told some nasty lies, which completely destroyed his personal and social life. Also the girl is of fluctuating nature, after that incident, sometimes she says to my friend that I want you back / I wanna talk to you / just talks normally and the other day she would be like get lost from my life. The only mistake my friend did was to call her incessentaly and text her (she would block him, he would text from other number). Actually he was contacting her because she promised to confess her lies and restore his life. But now she has backed off. He has her messages and call recordings that prove that she was lying and also that she wants to talk to him but tells everybody otherwise. When he told her that I'll make those proof public, she threatened him that I'll file a case against you for blackmailing and harassing me.
Now the questions remains..
1. Is it illegal under Indian Law to publicize any material that absolves you of your accusations ?
2. Can she really file a case of harassment even if she has talked and contacted my friend willingly, but later on changed her mind ?
3. What type of case can be filled against her ?
4. What kind of case can be filled against her for destroying his life, for her means by lying ? Is this thing even punishable ?
5. Which of the above mentioned incidents are punishable under IPC ?