Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

can a advocate can be a counsel in his personal case

Page no : 2

(Guest)

B K Raghavendra Rao answer is right.If a party wants to represent himself without an advocate, or an advocate wants to represent himself then it is termed as 'party-in-person'.However, whenever you appear for yourself in the court, you shall not wear the gown and the neck-band.   The party in person can examine his witnesses, mark documents, cross-examine the opposite witnesses and argue the matter.  He need not file his OWN VAKALATNAMA.

Adv. Sanjay Kadam (Proffessional)     01 March 2011

Mr. Kushan  Vyas is right. And that's the rule. Thanks! Kushan>

Jamai Of Law (propra)     02 March 2011

Definition of party-in-person is.................'Jo khudki vakalat karta ho'!!!

(I read this in a hindi news blog!!! I really liked it!!)

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 March 2011

Advcoate can appear in his own case , no problem. Only thing he has to give his personal appearnce.

Adv. Sanjay Kadam (Proffessional)     04 March 2011

As I have all ready replied this question; A lawyer, being party to the proceeding can appear and defend the peoceeding. In his own capacity as partyin person. He need not file his OWN VAKALATNAM, but he can if necessary file Vakalatnama on his behalf. Even if he has filed Vakalatnama of other Advocate; in absence his Advocate, he BEING PARTY to the proceeding can conduct the matter. The relevant provisions are contened in ORDER III RULE 1 OF THE CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, 1908. 1. Appearances, etc., may be in person, by recognized agent or by pleader- Any appearance, application or act in or to any Court, required or authorized by law to be made or done by a party in such Court, may, except where otherwise expressly provided by any law for the time being in force, be made or done by the party in person, or by his recognized agent, or by a pleader appearing, applying or acting, as the case may be, on his behalf: Provide that any such appearance shall, if the Court so directs, be made by the party in person.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     03 June 2011

Just do not have the bends, coat no problem.

Dr.R.Stephen Louie (lawyer)     13 August 2011

where is the rule that you refer? Why are you referring to something that is not there-you should tell where it is

Dr.R.Stephen Louie (lawyer)     13 August 2011

Also I tell you : you can appear without ropes very well as a Party in Person u/s 302(2) of Cr.P.C. to conduct your own prosecution.If interested to know other sections I tell you , ask for them specifically .CPC also has sections.Contact  me if help  is needed -do not confuse yourselves with what all you hear but be through with what the Law says. DR.R. Stephen Louie , Advocate: youradvocatelawacademy@gmail.com

mahesh (director)     23 August 2014

ok so could advocate send notice for defamtion as party in person to anyone

prachi   28 December 2017

can you please tell me some case laws regarding the same preposition

"can an advocate can be a counsel in his personal case"

prachi   28 December 2017

can you please tell me some case laws regarding the same preposition

"can an advocate can be a counsel in his personal case"

K. P. Boda (Lawyer/Educationist)     18 January 2018

Yes. Ofourse he can plead on his own behalf but not as and advocate or councel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register