LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tejas Kardak   18 February 2021

can 3rd Year student appear in AIBE Exam

I am 3rd Year L.LB student and I wanted to take AIBE exam (16th/March 2021) in order to start practicing in court asap.
Is it possible to take AIBE exam just before having the L.LB
If not please guide me to proper procedure.

Learning

2 Replies

Gnaneshwar Rajan   18 February 2021

Hi.

Unfortunately, you cannot write the AIBE exam unless you have graduated from the course you're studying in. You must have graduated.

As far as the procedure is concerned, you need to be enrolled as an advocate in your state's bar council after your graduation. You need to have your advocate admit card or enrolment card with you. Once you've done that, you can apply for the exam. 

Kevin Moses Paul   27 July 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that appearing for the AIBE exam is mandatory for all law graduates who have completed their degree in or after 2010. However, advocates who have graduated in the year 2009 or before are exempted from taking the exam to practice law.

Following is the detailed explanation of AIBE Eligibility Criteria:

⭕ Candidate should be an Indian National

⭕ Applicants should either have passed 3 years or 5 years LLB program from a BCI recognized law college. Read AIBE Syllabus

⭕ In order to appear for the AIBE, law graduates must be enrolled with respective State Bar Council. Students must possess an advocate enrolment card issued by State Bar Council.

⭕ There is no age limit to appear for the All India Bar Council.

⭕ Students can appear for the examination any number of times.

As stated in the point (2) the eligibility criteria for appearing in AIBE requires a graduation degree in law (3 years) or Integrated LL.B course (5 years).
Thus, you can not appear in AIBE examination in your final year.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register