LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh vem (job holder)     16 November 2015

Calling off marriage

Hi, I have a serious problem where girls father gave me some money before engagement where it really doesn't haappen. After he gave money he started behaving strangely and trying to threaten us. We decided that this family is not good enough for us and we said we are not going to continue this. I have key point where engagement was not happen and i spoke with girl only through phone and she always tries to seperate me from my mother before engagement itself.

can he go legally about this, because laws always favour girls side. If he files any compliant (antidowry/harrasment) how can i go ahead with this. Please let me know is this legally bind?

Learning

5 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     16 November 2015

Ramesh Sir... you are the luckiest person in India. Because, the girl's family showed their real colour before marriage itself. Do whatever it takes to stop this marriage. I ignored such attitude of the family and did marriage and went through 4 years of hard legal times and got divorced last month. I don't think you will get into any major legal issues as you are yet to get married. Never ever be afraid of their threats. They won't really do anything. They will ride on your fear only. Don't allow them to take you for granted. Always show calm cool and composed posture. As many lawyers will misuse your situation and fear get in touch with a good lawyer for any quick legal help. Do whatever it takes to stop this marriage.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 November 2015

author, it is the best to stop the marriage and then engagement question does not arise.  consult a lawyer who well versed in this subject.

SuperHero (Manager)     17 November 2015

Originally posted by : ramesh vem
Hi, I have a serious problem where girls father gave me some money before engagement where it really doesn't haappen. After he gave money he started behaving strangely and trying to threaten us. We decided that this family is not good enough for us and we said we are not going to continue this. I have key point where engagement was not happen and i spoke with girl only through phone and she always tries to seperate me from my mother before engagement itself.

can he go legally about this, because laws always favour girls side. If he files any compliant (antidowry/harrasment) how can i go ahead with this. Please let me know is this legally bind?

Why did he give money at first??? Why did you take it?? 

What do you mean by behaving strangely???

Better call off the marriage....Don't worry it is a threat call...All you need is courage...

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 November 2015

As the engagement didn't take place better return the money and call off the proposal.

Vicky (Engg)     17 November 2015

you are lucky guy brother, call off the marriage. give back the money in front of elders.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register