LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravindh Ramesh (IT)     04 October 2019

Call off marriage

Dear All,

I have been engaged to a girl earlier this year with full concern from herself and her parents. As a stipulation, they asked me to get a job in India while am working in abroad i agreed and came back here with a good offer.

But now the girl seems to calling off the marriage saying that she has no feelings of love and her relations were also supporting her.

I spent around 3Lakhs for engagement and accepted ban for the breach of labour contract but now her family and relations were threatening and forcing me to stop marriage. Earlier she told me to go back abroad again and i started looking for the offers but now she is saying no feelings for myself hence to call off this arrange marriage.

kindly share some valid suggestions in this worst scenario of my life.


 9 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     04 October 2019

Dear querist,

In case she is not willing to marry, it is better to cal of marriage.

As far as expenses are concerned can engage elders of both families to settle issue.


Adv Deepak Joshi

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 October 2019

what do you want to ask

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 October 2019

yes dear that is puerly a socail problem, just involce the socail sects aggressively; i think u are trapped in a wrong place you have chossen a girl who just saved u from being ruined; you must thank God that u got saved before marriage otherwise in future u had to face too many penal and civil litigations; The girls is playing fruads just may be she is intrested in someone else and made full fool of you.Just cut thing and proceed in life with positive plannings.

Get her neigbours and elders pressurised to pay and compansate you,but legally before marrige nothing can be done.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 October 2019

Don't let your emotions highjack your reasoning power. The girl has stated no feelings etc for you in plain simple words. Just forget her like one monkey goes another monkey comes in. 

Shashi Dhara   05 October 2019

Simply leave it to fate don't scatter it it ruins u both mentally and economically.issue legal notice for damages if they compromise compromise.

Dr GYV Victor   06 October 2019

Be happy and move on with life. You may earn the money but not a peaceful wife. Try to negotiate through friends or elders of a part of your expense can be refunded, but in all probability, write off the expense and move on.

Ankit Agarwal   02 January 2020

Want consultation on divorce... If any one can help

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 January 2020

Just post your query sperately and not  in respose to any previously postedreply/ query by someone else.


Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     02 January 2020

Every legal adviser here is open to consulation, you may contact anyone as per your wish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register