LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanju131984@gmail.com (officer)     08 April 2014

Calculation of maintenance

I am a paramilitary officer having an inhand salary of Rs. 50000/-. I have to to pay Rs. 7000/- as emi for vehicle and 15000/- as installment to a friend from whom i have taken a loan of 9 lakh for sister marriage. I have my grand father, grandmother, father, mother with me.They are all dependent on me. My younger brother is also unemployed. I have to spend 5-6 thousand rupees per month for the treatment of my elders. I am forced to go for divorce with my wife due to her behavior.

I want to know  how much maintenance i will have to pay if i go for divorce. Is it calculated on gross salary or salary in hand? will my liability be also deducted from net salary?

Learning

3 Replies

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     08 April 2014

Keeping prejudice in mind, you cannot succeed....the amount of maintenance depends on what comes on record...her income/her expenses, your income, your expenses, your condut, her conduct, there are so many ingredients which are hardly shown in the order.... Even if you do not file for divorce, opp can file anytime maintenance petition.....why waste time, if you feel that you need divorce, if you do not have child to think over the issue again....but grossly in yourcase Minimum..4,000/- 5,000 per month Ho sakta Hai

If u hv further queries pl email

anamika_vichare@rediffmail.com

Purush Hakka Saurakshan Samitte

Family Court Lawyer, Bandra Mumbai

harish (manager)     08 April 2014

Very first - does your wife files itr , if yes then its gud ,if no then whats her qualification? If she is post grad then you can appeal and no maintenance will be granted , If in case u have a child then maintenance will b sure in between 10-15000

sanju131984@gmail.com (officer)     10 April 2014

I have married for less than 2 years and my wife is graduate. we don't have a child. She doesn't file itr. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More