LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     26 April 2012

C o n v e r s i o n


suppose : 

sec. 9 / 10 / 12 / something u/s 13 is filed in court by husband / wife.

At a later stage, 

can these petitions be converted to sec. 13 B; without withdrawing the original petition ?
is it a must to withdraw the previous petition & file a fresh sec. 13 B petition ?


 3 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     26 April 2012

The respondent in the petition can give his/her consent for divorce. Thus, there is no need to file a seperate petition u/s 13.B

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     26 April 2012

The moot point is : 

is such conversion to sec. 13 B allowed in the same proceedings ?

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     26 April 2012

yes ,you have to file a fresh petion us 13 b after withdrawing present all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register