Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (System Analyst)     15 December 2010

Buying Temple Land

Hi ,

One property is for sale which costs around 20 lakhs which is a temple land, and the land is completely owned by a lady. It does not have patta. She is paying panchayat as well as temple tax regularly. last six months she is not paying temple tax. That land she bought from some one some 15 years back and the legal document says the same details and is registered in her name.That area is fully temple land, and people are saying that they can get the patta within a year.

Please advice me whether i can buy the land, and also kindly let me know whether i will get patta, because in future i will be going for home loan, so if i can register or get patta, i will not be able to get home loan.Please suggest.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar (System Analyst)     15 December 2010

Sorry the last line is "so if i cannot register or get patta, i will not be able to get home loan.Please suggest."

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 December 2010

First check out the records of property & get it confirm that whether the land is granted tin the name of temple, if it so then charity commissioner's permission is necessary.

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     15 December 2010

Check the mother document.

(Guest)

the temple document cannot be purchased.  The lady has got only lease.  because the temple properties only leased out.  Based upon the lease no title confers to the person who is holding possession.  The lady shows that the land is fully belonged to herself.

Better approach the temple authorities(endowment board) you will get  clarified.( Beware purchaser beware

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     15 December 2010

please, search the last 30 years revenue records and records of Sub-Registrar Office AND see the Tilte certificate of the land then u decided what u do.  

Selva Kumar   08 April 2018

Let me tell my case. Temple has given land to his workers (who play music in temple) 1 acre and 25 cents and they have full rights to sell land. During property sale, they haven't mentioned the patta in document and workers (manibam sothu) sold. They sold property during 1940-1944 period. now that property exchanged hands to different buyers/sellers from 1940 till 2015 (50+ transactions) I bought the land during 2015 and constructed house and living in this place.. Now temple says land belongs to temple bcos patta is in temple name but land was sold long time back during 1940-1944 period. Let me know , how to proceed on this case. We are kind of worried, whether we can sell, get bank loans for further constructions. Conclusion: property sold , but patta not changed (patta still with old person).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register